Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sartorialist Shout-Out


Have you seen the vintage photo feature on the Sartorialist? Well, guess whose photo is up right now? Mine! Ok, so technically I inherited the photo but I submitted it a few weeks ago and was delighted to see it show up in my feed today.

It's a photo of my pop-pop, John, on the beach in Sea Isle City, NJ in 1930. Everyone called him "Chick" because of his chicken legs. He played basketball at Roman Catholic High School in Philadelphia and must have been at the beach for some type of camp (per a note on the back of the photo). I just love his varsity jacket.

Speaking of varsity jackets, them seem to be everywhere these days:

v. Tumblr

v. Tumblr

v. Style Scrapbook


I wish I knew what happened to my pop-pop's jacket, but this photo is a treasure. I warmed the JV bench through high school, so it's nice to know that athletics didn't avoid my family altogether. 

Now if I could just have inherited his legs...

1 comment:

  1. i saw this post of the sartorialist today, honestly amazing. beautiful and heart-wrenching.

    ReplyDelete