Monday, January 16, 2012

Thrifted Lately



Fur collars seem to be everywhere these days. Well, at least in my Google Reader.  I can't say I've seen too many on the streets of Philadelphia (aside from fur-lined puffy jackets that were all the rage last year) but they have definitely gotten my attention.  I just love the way they add old Hollywood glamour to an outfit.  

So imagine my excitement when I came across this vintage collar while antique shopping near Hershey.  Did I mention it was $7?  I know, it's real fur (gasp) - fox I think - but I didn't kill it and it was just sitting there already dead, waiting for someone to wear it.  I happily obliged.  

Now I just needed the courage and bitingly cold weather (which in Philly has been hard to come by until this week) to wear it. 

Enter New Year's Eve.  I was determined to wear it at all costs, and thankfully the weather came through.  Emerald green dress, black wool cardi and my fur.  Throw in oversized pearl drop earrings and new thrifted clutch (below), and you've got yourself a party outfit.  


Andre Cellini clutch, 1980's Macy's private label

If a fur collar (vest, jacket, etc) is one of your new year's resolutions, here are a few of my favorite looks to help inspire you.  Oh and don't worry, I think most of them are faux.

Calivintage

Feed Me Fashion

Connecting to Fashion
                           
Stockholm Street Style via Gelalalove



DIY c/o Casey's Elegant Musings

No comments:

Post a Comment